Monday, December 8, 2008
First Semester in My College Career
As my first semester is drawing to a close, I now know why everyone said it was going to be so hard. When I first arrived on the UVU campus I had no idea the situations I was putting myself into. I picture college being very similiar to high school. Yes, I am a hard worker and make sure that I get all or most of my assignments in on time, but in high school if I put something off i could usually get it done in the class before. Even in the AP college level course I did not seem to be challanged enough. After the first week of school I felt confident in my ability to keep up with all assignments and scheduled projects. But as soon as golf started, my eyes opened to the real world. Golf at the Collegiate level is a total different ball game than playing in high school. Before college I missed one day a week for a golf tournament but as soon as I played in my first college golf tournament I missed 3 days just for one tournament. I finally understand that everything does not come easy and I have to work to keep up my grades. I do feel that I accomlished what I needed to this semester to have a good start to my college career. The one thing that my Mom told me about my grades is to do my best to get the highest GPA possible because each year after the first just gets harder because when you go into you major specific classes there is more and more work to prepare me for the real world. I am now trying to get all the studying for my finals done so I can get good grades on the tests so I can enjoy my Christmas vacation not worrying about school.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment