Saturday, December 6, 2008
Home
Being able to call Colorado Springs is one of the traits that makes up my personality. I enjoy going to school in Utah but it is not my home. Yes, the physical characteristics and look of Colorado Springs and Orem are very close a little, but the people and the culture are almost on opposite ends of the spectrum. The one thing that I noticed right away upon moving out to Orem the emphasis on religion. I am not of the LDS faith and do not feel comfortable living in Utah where I feel threatened by the culture. Right at this very moment I would really like to pack up my things and leave but I am not able to do that. I have made a commitment to myself and the golf coach at UVU. I enjoy the educational side of things here at UVU but the culture is different from other places I have been in the past. My dad is in the Army so I have been all over the world and have seen many different things, but Utah is not the same. I just hope I can get past the cultural differences I have with people and can find the right friends to help me along. And I will never call anywhere home where I dont feel wanted or an outsider.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment