Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Friendship

After living in Utah for almost 5 months now I really understand the meaning of friendship and trust. The biggest struggle for me is to find friends that will not judge me based on what I look like and who else I hangout with. The friends I have made at UVU and during my college life so far, I don't see as being my true friends or trustworthy. I have always been told to be careful of who I trust because you never know when that trust can be taken advantage of.
I can not even trust my roommates. Moving into a new place and with different people makes it hard to have the choices of who I room with. I didn't know anyone in Orem, or in Utah in that matter, so I was forced to live with five randoms guys. I have know idea what they are doing here, what their motives are, or if I can trust them. I have learned to trust two of my roommates but the other three, I could care less about what happens to them in the future. I try to get along with everyone I am around but for some reason people have to be ass holes. When I think about what these people have done to not earn my trust, one kid in particular pops into mindone of my roommates. I am not of the LDS faith and he is very judgemental about me because of this. Everything I say he has a negative response.
There is so much drama in our apartment and I hate having to deal with it. This person goes around in each person's personal food cabinet and starts eating every one's food. It makes no sense why he does this and his only response to when we confront him about it is, "If it is not labelled, then it is free game." I have no idea how this kid thinks or if he is mentally stable. I know that it is not right but i retaliate and started eating his food. He never found out but that does not make it right. If he was really my friend, I would not have to be worried if something as small as food is safe when I am gone. I will find new friends to live with next semester and hope that they are not the same as the ones I had this year.

No comments: